Featured Job >> Network Security Engineer
Title: Network Security Engineer
Type: Contract (W-2 ONLY)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Averro is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer for our client in San Francisco, CA. With a focus on PAN and Juniper firewall and security systems, assist with building, implementing and operational support of network security complex. Collaborate continuously with security and compliance organizations to ensure enforcement of security posture and maintain all compliance certifications. Role requires solid IP networking experience and ability to design, deploy and support large-scale service providers, data centers and enterprise network infrastructures. Some hands-on development of automation and scripting will be required to support secure software and network security systems and devices across multiple environments for internal and external customers.
- ACL configurations, break-fixes, assist to alleviate workload bottlenecks.
- Create and modify scripts to push software and network interaction.
- Implementation of network access controls, systems monitoring and management processes and procedures.
- Create and maintain, automation tools to simplify and expedite ongoing system management.
- Iterate network security posture to better protect against attacks and detect new vectors.
- Work with team to mitigate and investigate security incidents.
- Develop automation and utilize frameworks to scale protection and mitigation tools.
- Evaluate and test new vendor and in house network security initiatives.
- Participate in on-call and hours support.
- 5+ years’ experience (JNCIP equivalent level) in network security, preferably in a large scale environment.
- High level experience configuring / troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols
- The above to include (TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS and OSPF in a dual-stack IPv4/6 environment with emphasis on Cisco and Juniper ecosystems).
- Solid hands-on technical experience managing multi-platform environments (servers, storage, networks, security, virtualization).
- PAN firewalls, Juniper SRX firewalls, Juniper EX switches, L2/L3 switching, IP routing, stateful L3/L4 firewall.
- Working knowledge of JunOS, IOS, stateful firewall platforms and networking.
- Background in network service, content provider operation, or larger scale hosting.
- Understanding of Python, Shell or Perl.
- ISO 27001, PCI, HITRUST, SOC, FISMA, FedRAMP knowledge.
- Familiar with network analysis tools (Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.).
- Gigamon, Lancope, Fortinet, F5 Load Balancers, ACLs (software defined) and certificate management/provisioning.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with multi-tiered mission-critical systems.
- Worked in a zero downtime environment.
- Strong familiarity with Linux OS/networking.
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, and/or consuming RESTful APIs.
- High level of proficiency and experience configuring / troubleshooting load balancers (emphasis on the F5 ecosystem).
- Experience with audit and compliance response, or a strong desire to acquire this as a primary skill set.
- Knowledge of firewalls, access-list, IPSec configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of data center design and operational best practices.
- Experience with field-based work in colocation facilities, internet exchanges, or central offices a plus.
We have a straight and true approach to providing tech and business opportunities that propel your career higher. Our logo combines layered arrowheads representing consultants, clients, and the Averro team as well as the accuracy, speed, and flexibility we aim to provide.
Averro, founded in 2006, is Veteran Owned and Operated and focused on delivering uncommon solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations. We are a goal-orientated organization, dedicated to providing our knowledge and ability in technical solutions and business consulting to boost our consultant’s careers and customers businesses forward.