Featured Job | UX Researcher
Title: UX Researcher
Location: Redmond, WA
Drive and conduct user research to clarify and gain better understanding of the needs and desires of the target users, mapping out user flows/journeys, validating the concept + designs, and driving insights that will facilitate the design/development of the specific feature areas assigned and the Guides product space as a whole. Document and present insights and recommendations based on research and analysis. Work closely and collaboratively with Design, PM, and Engineering partners to design and ship the product experiences that delight the target users and customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- A minimum of MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
- 3+ years of experience conducting product design research with demonstrated experience with a wide variety of design research methodologies including, but not limited to: usability studies, field studies (remote under Covid), in-depth interviews, heuristic evaluations, concept validation, user journey maps, competitive reviews, and surveys
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze research data and present rich findings simply and clearly to influence product design and direction
- Experience conducting research in a highly technical space (e.g., data warehousing, data integration, modeling) desirable but isn't a must
- If no prior experience in conducting research in a highly technical space, must have demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up on a technical domain/user base
- What I’m mostly looking for is somebody who is familiar with various research methods, capable of independently determining what research is needed in this technical area, executing on the research, delivering/communicating insights, and driving recommendations into the product.
- This person will be working closely with the broader Guides product team. The initial set of research will be around clarifying the target users, mapping out user flows/journeys, validating the concept + designs, and driving insights that will facilitate the direction of this product space.
- This position is not focused primarily on data science, analytics or market research, although, some of those skills could be helpful. The primary skills required will be around qualitative and quantitative UX research methods.
We have a straight and true approach to providing tech and business opportunities that propel your career higher. Our logo combines layered arrowheads representing consultants, clients, and the Averro team, as well as the accuracy, speed, and flexibility we aim to provide.
Averro, founded in 2006, is Veteran Owned and Operated and focused on delivering uncommon solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations. We are a goal-orientated organization, dedicated to providing our knowledge and ability in technical solutions and business consulting to boost our consultant’s careers and customers businesses forward.
See more details and apply here