Featured Job | Design Engineer
Title: Design Engineer
Type: Contract to hire
Location: Seattle, WA
- Design reliable, useable, and cost-effective solutions for consumer products.
- Own the design and execution of components and assemblies including validation and testing.
- Manage, execute, and report on 20-30 active projects at one time varying in complexity and scope.
- Deliver feedback to industrial design and product management teams during initial product concept and design phases of product development process.
- Create and maintain product specifications and validation plans including risk analysis.
- Execute competitive benchmarking and validation testing of new product prototypes.
- Support Production Engineers and Factory Liaison Managers to launch products on time, on scope and in budget.
- Ensure patent protection on new product designs and other areas of intellectual property development.
- Create Bills of Materials and other process documents.
- Visually communicate construction methods and design intent across teams, globally.
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Skills and Experience
- Successful track record delivering a constant flow of projects with aggressive timelines
- Ability to leverage virtual teams spread across the globe
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes specifically including metal forming and plastic injection molding.
- Knowledge of materials and Color, Material, Finish related to consumer hard goods including plastics, stainless steel, glass, ceramics desired.
- Experience working and communicating directly with production engineers and factories desired.
- Experience in consumer hard goods industry desired.
- 3+ years of experience in product design, Lean Design and Design for Manufacture; Experience with Asia based factories desired.
- 5+ years of experience with CAD (SolidWorks preferred);
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Design);
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all levels within the organization;
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize tasks; must have time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to efficiently translate product requirements and industrial design into manufacturable and robust engineering solutions.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Experience programming or building test equipment (Raspberry Pi or Arduino desired);
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Averro, founded in 2006, is Veteran Owned and Operated and focused on delivering uncommon solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations. We are a goal-orientated organization, dedicated to providing our knowledge and ability in technical solutions and business consulting to boost our consultant’s careers and customers businesses forward.